God has plans for your life. Remember God’s faithfulness
A man attending a Bible study requested prayer because he had gotten a promotion at work. While he was ready to rejoice over his new position, he also felt apprehensive. A woman who had been with the firm much longer would now report to him. He said, “I know God has placed me in this position. However, this is going to be a bitter pill for this woman to swallow.”
Most of us dislike taking medicine. If it is bitter, it is even worse. Many of us also have found ourselves in similar situations. We may have received a promotion and placed in charge of a group of people who have been with the company longer than we have. Or perhaps a new manager, whom we feel lacks ability, steps onto the scene.
Regardless of the scenario, remember that God has a plan for your life. He has chosen this point in time for you to shine and not to appear dark and gloomy. He may place you in a role of leadership where you are forced to make decisions you never thought you could or would make. Or He may have allowed you to be bypassed for a promotion you believed was yours.
At times, each one of us can view life from an unrealistic perspective. We see ourselves climbing social or corporate ladders without hitting a snag or facing many problems. In our dream, if we do come up on problem areas, we tell ourselves that we are equipped to handle each one. However, we can’t, and God knows it. He allows us to face extreme difficulty in order to teach us that we need His help and strength.
A bitter person becomes critical and unwilling to work with others. A godly person accepts God’s will, knowing that up ahead there will be another opportunity for him or her. When God asks you to swallow a bitter pill, be willing to do it. In the end, this one act of surrender could turn into a tremendous source of blessing and hope.
- God of my… some things (ilifejourney.wordpress.com)
- Palm 88 – Going to God for Help (thisdaywithgod.wordpress.com)
- God…I’m Tired (vineyarddiaries.wordpress.com)
- Carnal Christians (marriageisgood.wordpress.com)
- Sharing your Faith (webmasteryates.wordpress.com)
- Church asks Pacquiao to be ‘bible ambassador’ (thegreatone22.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Sermon: (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- Radio Free Jesus (5gsandacupofjoe.wordpress.com)
- God Changed Me! (notsoprivatemusings.wordpress.com)
- Expectation (heathermarsten.wordpress.com)
- Faith happens (onbeingmindful.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 71 a prayer to our father in heaven (josephprestonkirk.wordpress.com)
- The most important step to be spiritually healed (cinhosa.wordpress.com)
- Looking To Christ in Crisis (ashleighaprilparker.wordpress.com)
- Wise Words (writingsistersblog.wordpress.com)
- The Tale of Two Terrible Towns (ofgodthegospelandglamour.wordpress.com)