Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from The Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning
Learning to Wait God‘s Way
David was the anointed king of Israel, but before he could enjoy the realization of God’s promises, he had to go through a season of testing and waiting. During this time, he was forced to hide out in caves and literally run for his life. King Saul, who was bent on David’s destruction, continually hunted for him. Perhaps the Lord has given you a promise through His Word. You are ready to see it unfold, but it hasn’t happened yet. Though you have waited, it seems that there is no hope on the horizon. Remember, God’s timing is perfect.
He knows what you need, when you need it. He knows that if we are going to learn how to walk with Him in the daylight or the good times, we must learn first to trust Him in times of darkness.
At some point, each of us has waited for God’s promises to come. David may have wondered when the Lord would open the door to blessing. However, he never allowed his thoughts to turn to doubts. In fact, in Psalm 18:17, 19, he praises God for the victory he knew would be his one day. “(God) delivered me from my strong enemy, and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me … He brought me forth also into a broad (or spacious) place, He rescued me, because He delighted in me.”
When God delivers you from trial and trouble, you can be sure that He will bring you out into a spacious place of joy and delight – one that also will glorify Him and add encouragement to your life. Have you been pushing and shoving in an effort to move God on to the place where you think you should be? If so, stop and be determined to wait on God. The time you spend waiting in darkness will one day be rewarded by the Father of lights (James 1:17).
- God leads me beside the quiet waters, He restores my soul. Hold onto Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is my Shepherd (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Why Is Waiting on God So Difficult? a Biblical Perspective!! (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Who was David of David and Goliath married to (wiki.answers.com)
- Where in the Bible can you read about Saul (wiki.answers.com)
- What the Bible Has to Say About “Gifts” (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- What the Bible Teaches About the Gifts of God (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- What About God’s Word on Light (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Our hope rests in God alone (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Salvation is for all men (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our God is worthy to be praised! (muchadoaboutbiblicaltruths.wordpress.com)
- James Chapters 1:1-27, 2:1-26, 3:1-18, 4:1-17, 5:1-20 (vidblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- The Greatest Gift (gadberry.wordpress.com)