When we set our eyes on our misfortunes, we soon forget to express gratitude
Cultivating a godly perspective of our spiritual state and our physical circumstances does not happen naturally. To fight against overlooking God’s grace and loving kindness toward us instead of complaining about our losses takes a great deal of energy and persistence. We need to develop a mindset that looks for God’s graciousness at all times.
An attitude of thanksgiving should dominate the life of the believer. Ingratitude is the mark of the enemy. Satan whispers in our ears to make us think about what God has taken away from us. God wants us to look at what He has freely given to us. “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32). We have so much to be thankful for!
When the nation of Israel moved out of Egypt en masse into the wilderness of Sinai, the first thing they did was complain. They complained about the conditions, the lack of water and meat, and their vulnerability to the Egyptians. God had set them free from slavery, but already they had forgotten.
“Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called . . . Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy” (1 Timothy 6:11-12, 17).
Recommended Scripture Reading: Romans 9:14-24
- 1 Timothy 1:14-17 (NKJV) (lwharper.wordpress.com)
- Record your thoughts, learn to take notes during sermon (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Seeing troubles through God’s eyes (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What the Bible Teaches About Our Warfare (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- For God So Loved the World, That He Gave His Only Begotten Son (elected by Grace) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “It is written….” (media4lifeministries.com)
- Our hope rests in God alone (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Israel And The Church: Two Distinct Peoples, Or Another Doctrine Of Devils? (soulrefuge.org)
- Every child has a right (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Gratitude Talk (teresacollins.typepad.com)
- Ingratitude (dadsprimalscream.wordpress.com)
- Tebowmania? (godswordforwomen.wordpress.com)
- One step at a time God brings us to a place He can train us to live a life that glorifies Him and is a blessing to others (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The shepherds praised and glorified God for all they had heard and seen (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)