Worship is a way of life
One of the most exciting things you can do in your Christian walk with the Lord is to keep a journal of all that He is teaching you. Exodus 24:4 says, “Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord.” In other words, he did not want to miss or forget anything. He took notes! If he were attending church with you, you could expect him to pull out a notebook and start jotting things down. Why? God directed Moses to do this because he was the one who would communicate what God said to the nation of Israel.
Today, godly men and women teach God’s truth, and we would be wise to pick up the habit of taking notes, as God taught Moses to do. Actually, the human mind has to hear or record a fact at least three times before it is committed to memory. Sometimes, it can take hearing a fact up to fourteen times before it is actually stored in our knowledge base.
This is why when you walk up to your pastor at the end of the worship service and commend him on his sermon, you pray that he does not ask you to repeat his main points back to him. It also is the reason you can gather over lunch with family and friends and exclaim how much you learned at church, but when you are asked to tell what you thought was the highlight, your mind goes blank.
Learn to take notes. Record your thoughts, and then, when you are alone with the Lord, ask Him to affirm what you have heard in and through His Word. Godly messages never conflict with what God has written in the Bible – it is the infallible Word of God. This means that it is God’s Word to us, and nothing about it can be changed or taken away.
We live in a devious world because Satan is constantly enticing us away from God’s truth. As you worship the Lord, ask Him to make you aware of the Enemy’s subtle and dangerous scheme. There is only one way to worship God, and that is with the entirety of our hearts and minds.
Worship is not a place or an event. It is a way of life.
- Worship begins in your heart (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Worship Is Sacrifical (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A 2000 + year old desert religion; still relevant for us today? (media4lifeministries.com)
- The Prophet Like Moses and Worship (smoodock45.wordpress.com)
- What would Kings say about you? (oflifefamilyandyhvh.wordpress.com)
- A Document of Grace ~ By Eudora (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- The Answer (eucharisteoministries.wordpress.com)
- It Pays to Praise and Worship God! (sermon Note) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Listening Beyond the Silence (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- Sermon: The Advental Call to Obedience and Worship, Part II (apologus.wordpress.com)
- “As for Me and My House” (pastorderick.wordpress.com)
- The Once and Future King: The Readings for the Fourth Sunday of Advent (thesacredpage.com)
- “Where is God’s House?” Sermon 12.18.11 (pastorcraig.org)
- Sermon: Mark 11:1-10; Advent (apologus.wordpress.com)