Salvation is for all men
Some people believe salvation is only for certain people; that God already numbered those that’ll be saved, and those reserved for eternal damnation; but that’s not truth. You might then ask, “So what did Jesus mean when He said, “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him…” (John 6:44). Doesn’t that mean the Father appoints some people to salvation, and separates some others unto destruction? No! Salvation is for all men. God’s desire is for ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.
In John 3:16, the Bible didn’t say, “For God so loved some men…” ; rather it says “For God so loved the world…..” ; the world of men, ALL men, including women, boys and girls. The Father’s love is for the whole world; the world of sinners. So when Jesus said “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him….” (John 6:44), the right question to ask is, “Now does God draw men unto Himself?”
The answer is in the 45th verse of the same John 6 that says, “It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me” God draws men to Himself through His Word; through His message as encapsulated in the Gospel. When the Gospel is preached, those who hear, believe it, and endorse it by confessing the Lordship of Jesus Christ over their lives are drawn. So, the choice as to who receive salvation rests with every individual.
In Paul’s letter to Timothy, he said “…..God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:3-4). This is the very reason we herald the message of the Gospel. As you plan your vacation and visitation this Christmas time, have the Gospel in mind. Make it a memorable Christmas for those around you who are yet to receive salvation, letting them know it’s God’s desire for them to receive the best gift of all, this Christmas – Eternal Life!
The Bible says “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14). You’re that preacher to those in your world; to bring them the glorious news of Christ’s salvation.
Thank You Dear Heavenly Father for the immense love You clearly demonstrated in sending Jesus to be the propitiation for my sins, thus making me a participator in the divine experience. I’m most grateful for this glorious privilege, in Jesus Christ’s Name! Amen!
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Be confident of this very thing that God who has started this good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do your friends know Jesus? Are you sure? Post this on your wall and make sure. (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is real. Blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Self-righteousness Aren’t Saved (mackquigley.wordpress.com)
- I Am Not Ashamed of the Gospel of Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- An address to strangers (omharris.wordpress.com)
- Yes Jesus Loves Me The Bible Tells Me So – Christ’s Assurance of Salvation (gospelbondservant.com)
- Jesus in the NT :: John (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- 12/10: Weekend Readings/Reflection (unitedbyfaith.wordpress.com)
- I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- UNCOVER THE WORD: GOD’S WORD EXPOSES THE FALSE TEACHINGS OF ROME! [Encouragement To Read The Bible] (soulrefuge.org)
- From Jesus to Christ (gospelier.wordpress.com)
- Philippians 1-2 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Dispensationalism and the eyes of our understanding (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- Pentecost – “Work of Pentecost” (Acts 2:1-21) (revtucher.com)
- Dispenationalism and the eyes of our understanding (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- Our salvation (jewelindapalace.wordpress.com)
- Have You Been Born Again Yet? You Will Never See Heaven Without The New Birth! (soulrefuge.org)
- Mrs. Baugh’s Bible Treasure 5 – Bible Answers – Part 8 – Support of the Gospel (faithfulnibbles.wordpress.com)