The power of humility
“For by grace given me I say to every one of you. Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself only with sober judgement in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.” Romans 12:3
Humility is the opposite of pride. It is a mental attitude of holiness and its major characteristic is not thinking of oneself more highly than one ought to.
Jesus said to the woman with a possessed daughter “it is not right to give bread to a dog.” many would call that a mean statement. At that point she could have reacted negatively to the degrading statement made by Jesus, but she did not. The humility with which she accepted the statement, made Jesus confirm her faith “O woman great is thy faith, be it unto thee even as thou wilt” and her daughter was made whole immediately.
It is humility that brings a soul to nothing before God, which also removes every hindrance to faith. One can only wonder what would have become of her daughter if she had reacted in pride like many would have.
Pride does not pay; the path to a higher life is from down upward, this is because; humility is the key to total sanctification and exaltation.
I must decrease that He (Christ) might increase!
- The power of humility (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be confident of this very thing that God who has started this good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Faith A demonstration of God’s Word (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We Are Complete in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Put on the Whole Armour of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be Conscious of Who You Are in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Is Still Ever Ready To Forgive You Your Sins and Wash You Clean (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hope and Faithfulness: God cannot disappoint you, His faithfulness is forever sure (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When God gives us a burden He gives us the grace to bear it: The sufficiency of God’s grace (bummyla.wordpress.com)