Is marriage a blessing or a curse? I’m sure the response
you’d get for this question would be as varied as the number of people you ask.
Even though the opinions of men differ; the Word of God is consistent: “Whose findeth a wife findeth a good thing,
and obtaineth favour of The Lord” (Proverbs 18:22). Why then do some
marriages become our excuse for skipping church services?
I often wonder why some people live as though marriage is a
curse. I found that some people who used to be very committed in their local
church suddenly become spiritually inert as soon as they are married. Should
your marriage be your license for spiritual complacency? No! That’s not the
Your marriage shouldn’t create a chasm between you and God
nor should it impair your fellowship with Him. Rather, it should draw you
closer to Him. As a believer, it’s expected that you marry a fellow believer,
who loves The Lord as you do. For this reason, there should be greater impact
in the Kingdom of God (Deuteronomy 32:30) through your union. I Corinthians
11:3 says that the head of every man is Christ. Therefore, the man must be
subject to the Lordship of the Word of God, just as his wife is subject to him.
So, together they will fulfil the God-given vision and ministry for their family.
As the anointing of The Holy Spirit comes upon the man,
it’ll flow down to his wife and the children, until it begins to influence
their environment and a whole new generation is imparted with the power of God.
This is the grand design.
The Lord testified of Abraham in Genesis 18:19; “For I know him (Abraham), that he will
command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way
of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham
that which he hath spoken of him.”
Can the Lord trust you in the same way?
It’s time for a self-appraisal and to make necessary changes in your
marriage and family, so the Lord may bring upon you that which He has spoken.
Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank You for granting me light and understanding of Your plans for my
marriage. I submit to the authority of Your Word, so Your anointing may come
upon every member of my household, in Jesus Christ Name! Amen!
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria
and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strngthens Me (philippians 4:13) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Victory in Christ Jesus (part 2) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Motivated by the Promise of His Coming (part nine) (mindrenewers.com)
- I Can Do All Things Through Christ Which Strngthens Me (philippians 4:13) (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Imitate Me (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- Kingdom Blueprints Part 3 – Marriage & Single Life By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- The Church’s One Foundation (rcbabione.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days of Truth Day 18 (cozyblanketsnowflakerepetitioncompulsion.wordpress.com)
- The Courageous Life…Is Without Lust, addendum (jimmykinnaird.wordpress.com)
- Through Faith, We Understand That the Worlds Were Framed by the Word of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sons of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- My Beliefs in brief (ssimplyme.wordpress.com)
- Marriage; the Grand Design (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Walk in the Steps of Father Abraham (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Word of God Is Powerful (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- In the Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord’s Prayer in John Chapter 17 (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Give Thanks – Why and For What? (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- First Sunday of Advent (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- Announcement: The Lord Jesus Christ is coming to an atmosphere near you soon (tammy4christ.wordpress.com)
- Revivalists Becoming Fathers (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- What the church of God is (thechurchofgodglorious.wordpress.com)