FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT!
Learn to do right!
Seek justice, relieve the oppressed, and correct the oppressor. Defend the
fatherless, plead for the widow (Isaiah 1:17 AMP).
As a country, we’ve been very fortunate to have achieved
many things on a platter of gold. Our independence from colonial masters for
example, was attained on a relatively peaceful note, unlike some nations that
had to fight to gain theirs. For this reason, not many in our country know what
it means to fight for a cause.
Fighting here doesn’t connote the hostile meeting of
opposing forces. Rather, it more aptly refers to the continuous, vigorous, and
obtrusive exertion of an individual or group to gain an end or engage in a
crusade for a certain cause or person. As a nation, we need to learn to fight
for what’s right! Some are fighting but are unwittingly engaged in the wrong
fight. An example is when people passionately canvass for their ethnic groups, forgetting
that there’s a bigger picture: NIGERIA!
We’ll all be fighting for what’s right when we’re more
concerned about the entire country, rather than just our ethic groups. We have
to be interested in the future of our nation. But we must accommodate our
differences. We have to engage legally, the activities of those who have taken
on the mission of hindering the preaching of the Gospel. We can’t afford to be
quiet; we have to take a stand for what’s right and speak out now or forever
hold our peace!
Never forget that you have the right to self-determination;
the right to determine your own destiny. That means life becomes for you what
you decide it to be. So be bold and learn to challenge the status quo when you
Dear Lord, I thank
You for Your Wisdom that’s at work in me always to determine what’s right, and
the fortitude to stand for the truth at all times. I pray for Your country
Nigeria, and Your Children of noble character that you’ve blessed her with;
that these will know to stand for that which is right and beneficial to the
nation, in Jesus Christ Name! Amen!
- We Can Make a Difference in Our Community (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Through Faith, We Understand That the Worlds Were Framed by the Word of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Judge All Prophecies! Test All Things; Hold Fast What Is Good. Abstain From Every Form of Evil. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Our Victory in Christ Jesus (part 2) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Let Us Run With Patience the Race That Is Set Before Us, Looking Unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of Our Faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Zero Tolerance for Gossip (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sons of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Through Faith We Understand That the Worlds Were Framed by the Word of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Where to Find Help in the Scriptures/bible (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be Determined! Blessed Is the Man Who Trust in the Lord, Whose Confidence Is in Him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Fight for What Is Right (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Put on the Whole Armour of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Be Conscious of Who You Are in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We Are Complete in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Evil Company Corrupts Good Habits / Manners (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Invading the Devil’s Territory (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Word of God Is Powerful (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Exercise Your Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Framed by the Word of God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Can Use You (bummyla.wordpress.com)