Excelling In Life
by Pastor Afolabi
People often busy themselves with some activity that they believe would give them an edge for excellence in various areas of their lives. For some, it is enrolling for that extra on-the-job course to sharpen their business acumen; for others, it’s hiring the services of a pro trainer or coach to improve their skills in some sport. For some others still, it is sitting for weeks, months or even years under the tutorship of world class professors and ultimately obtaining a first class degree from some renowned institution in well acclaimed areas of the world. And maybe for some, recruiting the best skilled hands to execute the goals of their companies or organizations would definitely do the “excelling” trick.
These are undeniably laudable efforts, worthy of emulation. However, that individual who will become truly excellent in his or her life must primarily learn and apply God‘s principles and skills of living. Man is a created being; and must necessarily seek to know his Creator, who having made the product, understands his full functions and specified his operations; and thus knows what man can achieve, and how and when best he can achieve it. The Bible is the product manual and must therefore be the pivot and reference for whoever will maximize his potentials, and ultimately excel at his endeavours as God’s divine product.
Excelling is not an act or performance, which is here for a moment only to disappear into oblivion. Rather, it ought to be a way of life. Excelling in life requires 100% usage of one’s mind; and one’s capability and its utilization can be reviewed and improved by choice and at will. A poet once said, “Few are born with talent that excel, but all are capable of living well.” Rarely will an infant have an angel descend at his birth and whisper in his ear “You are among the few born with talent.” Often times, the infant himself grows up to recognize his talents, and sets the ball rolling to achieve his goals, with a touch of excellence. Not many are born into the world with the tag “WINNER”. Thus, winning and doing so excellently is indeed a matter of choice.
So what you need to do is to always acknowledge yourself as the best product of a painstaking manufacturer, laden with innate abilities, great talents and limitless potentials. And these, when put to the right and timely use, according to the principles provided in the manufacturer’s manual – the Bible – will definitely produce excellent results.
Constantly apply yourself to training and imbibe fresh and updated information in your field of expertise, or whatever area of endeavour you seek to pursue. Become consistent, diligent and continually improve on your skills and personality, always staying abreast of the facts in your field of play. Soon enough, excelling in life will be your sweet story to tell.
- For God So Loved the World, That He Gave His Only Begotten Son (elected by Grace) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Why I believe the Bible (twentiesfreedom.wordpress.com)
- And That’s What You Missed in the Bible (str.typepad.com)
- Romans 5 and original sin (briancoatney.com)
- Keep great employees doing their best work (worksurvival.wordpress.com)
- Questions from Bible Study (Series): What Bible should I use? (ptl2010.wordpress.com)
- Beans, Bullets, Band-Aids and Bibles: Faith When the World Falls Apart, by Pastor Terry (survivalblog.com)
- Dead Sea Scrolls Online (str.typepad.com)
- Educationist lists secrets of academic excellence at Krisbethel graduation (vanguardngr.com)
- God knows you even before you are born (ourcreator.wordpress.com)
- Perfection or Excellence (scottstimson.wordpress.com)
- Commitment to Excellence (montyrainey.wordpress.com)
- Puncak Pass Resort (hotelierindonesia.wordpress.com)
- Bintan Island, Indonesia invites you to join us… (hotelierindonesia.wordpress.com)
- Excelling in Life (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- German Technical Support Engineer (itpilipinas.wordpress.com)
- still.born.lament (theblogofkevin.wordpress.com)
- A Proverbs 31 Woman (meredithlbl.com)
- 10 Tips: Managing Diminished Career Expectations (monster.typepad.com)
- What are my unique selling points? (career-advice.monster.co.uk)
- The ABC’s of Excellence PART 1: 26 SUCCESS FACTORS FROM A MOTHER TO HER DAUGHTERS (sandraetubiebi.wordpress.com)
- How Does Mindset Affect the Youth Athlete? (peakone.wordpress.com)