FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN
SON (ELECTED BY GRACE)
But ye are an elect
race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession,
that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness
into His marvellous light (1 Peter 2:9 ASV).
In Genesis 6, the Bible tells us of certain angels who
married the daughters of men and produced giants in the earth. Thus their seed
spread upon the earth till they had cousins and relatives everywhere. These were
not godly seeds; satan’s ploy was to pollute the human race. But God put a stop
to this pollution by destroying the whole world.
Satan knew God had promised that the seed of the woman would
bruise his head (Genesis 3:15), so by polluting the human race with the
corruptive seed of the giants, he hoped to nullify God’s plan. But he failed.
God had reserved eight people who were unmixed with the pollution – Noah and
his family! They were undefiled. The Bible says Noah found grace in the eyes of
the Lord, and he was a righteous man, perfect in his generations (Genesis
6:8-9). Thus through him and his family, God started a whole new generation.
Now, the Bible also lets us know that the whole world was
under condemnation for Adam’s transgression. But just as God reserved a remnant
for Himself in the days of Noah, “Even so
at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of
grace” (Romans 11:5). God, by sending His Son, Jesus, as sacrifice for sin,
reserved a remnant for Himself. John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life”.
Consequently, those of us who believe in Jesus and have
accepted and confessed Him as Lord of our lives are the remnant God has chosen
out of this condemned world. We’re God’s elect today, specially called out by
grace! Not only has He chosen us, He has made us a wonder to our world. Now,
we’re a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and a peculiar
people, set to manifest His excellent wisdom and perfection to all creation.
What a glorious honour to be elected by God’s grace!
I’m not of this
world; I’m God’s choice, chosen by His special grace before the foundation of
the world for glory and excellence. My life is a manifestation of the
supernatural because I was born a peculiar treasure unto God. My life is for
the glory of God. Amen!
May God Almighty save
Nigeria and Israel from all their enemies in Jesus Mighty Name! amen!
- Farewell Rob Bell – Part 2 (1joh4.wordpress.com)
- New Title Lays the Path for Building a Personal Relationship with God (prweb.com)
- Have You Been Saved? (gofamint.net)
- I Didn’t Deserve it… (supportinggodlywomen.wordpress.com)
- Christ Crucifed and Emmanuel Exalted (justificationbygrace.com)
- Private religion? (mrbenblogs.wordpress.com)
- Sodom & Gomorrah & Grace (johnjsutton.wordpress.com)
- The Four Ensigns – The Gospels (faithbibleministries.wordpress.com)
- Following the Lord on the path of the Cross, renews our way of thinking, says Pope (onecatholicnews.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Shows Compassion for the People (part Two) (vineandbranchworldministries.com)
- What We Have In Christ – Part 5 (answersfromthebook.org)
- For God So Loved the World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For God So Loved the World, That He Gave His Only Begotten Son (elected by Grace) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Fantastic Four (applesofgoldministries.net)
- What are you thankful for? (prhayz.wordpress.com)
- maybe not about me. (300wordsaday.com)
- St. John 3:16 (vidblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- You are on my heart today! (chrissyluther.wordpress.com)
- only-begotten. (300wordsaday.com)