4:8-37 narrates the inspiring story of a Shuna-mmite wowan. Whenever the
Prophet Elisha went to shunem, he stayed in her house. However, this woman and
her husband didn’t have any child. When Elisha discovered this, he told her to
expect a son, and in due course, she had a son.
struck few years later when the child died, but the woman knew what to do. She
quickly dashed off to the Prophet Elisha with only one declaration on her lips,
“It is well”. Though there was a problem, she kept affirming that all was well.
She had an expectation, and she held on to that expectation even when it seemed
impossible; she kept on declaring it until she got it.
Just as this
woman did, you have to look at your situation through the eyes of your spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:57-58 says, “…..thanks
be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable…..” Another
translation says, “……stand firm, let
nothing move you” (NIV). God has given you the victory, so stand firm and
be unmovable. Don’t allow your thoughts and senses rule you, let God’s Word and
His Spirit direct you.
When trouble comes, God’s will is for
something good to come out of it. At such times, you must remember He is with
you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. If He delivered you in the past,
He will do it again. Call those times of deliverance to remembrance and express
your gratitude to God for them. That’s how to trust God and hold on to Him with
joy even in adversity.
are you facing today? Put God’s Word first, declare what He says about that
situation; be steadfast and unmovable in Him and declare with joy that all is
I DECLARE THAT IT IS
WELL WITH ME. I’M NOT MOVED BY WHAT I SEE IN THE NATURAL BUT STAND FIRMLY ON
GOD’S WORD; AND THE POWER OF GOD IS RELEASED TO CAUSE A DESIRED CHANGE AS I
SPEAK THE WORD TO MY SITUATION IN JESUS CHRIST NAME. AMEN!
- Our Victory in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Blessed And The Cursed According To Jesus The Messiah! (What They Don’t Tell You In Church On Sunday!) (soulrefuge.org)
- Know More About My God Who Drives Me… (terminatornewsnetwork.wordpress.com)
- 1 Thessalonians 1-4 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- Day 49 – Ephesians 1:3 (fellowshiproom.org)
- Why is God so obsessed with getting glory (wiki.answers.com)
- Does the Bible Teach the Divinity of Christ? Pt. II (godomnipotent.wordpress.com)
- This is Easy for God (philslocum.net)
- “Sent To None Of Them” ( Luke 4: 25 – 27, ESV ) by Carley Evans (lambskinny.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Worship (via ChristianBlessings) (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- 1 John 5:7 proved a forgery (bloggerfornow.wordpress.com)
- But by the grace of God I am what I am (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- God Has Given You the Victory, So Stand Firm and Be Unmovable (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Word of God (achristian.wordpress.com)
- The Response of Faith (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- God Sent His Word, and Healed Them, and Delivered Them From Their Destructions (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Can Use You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We Are Kings and Priests (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Foundation of David Discipleship Part Two (mudpreacher.org)
- Don’t make these 3 mistakes with your Salvation (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- The right instrument (eardstapa.wordpress.com)
- Principle Two: Simplicity Under God’s Design (reformed-health.com)