look at the outward appearance, God looks on the heart. A humble man has
integrity, he has the wisdom of God and this is why God exalts him. The Bible
says, “…….the wisdom that is from above
is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be willing to yield, full of
mercy and good fruits without partiality and
without hypocrisy” (James 3:17). Humility, therefore, does not mean
timidity or foolishness as some have assumed. It is maturity, and applying the
wisdom of God with all honesty. It is responding to the Word of God with a pure
and teachable heart.
imperative to learn how to deny your flesh of its desires, and let the nature
of God dominate you. Jesus said, “he that taketh not his cross and followeth
after me, is not worthy of me” (Matthew 10:38). When you humble yourself in the
sight of God, no matter how complicated your case may be, He will lift you up.
Job was described as a perfect and upright man, one who feared the Lord and
eschewed evil. He was famous for his wealth, but he lost everything; his
family, wealth and even health. Yet in spite of all these, the Bible noted
Job’s reaction as being without sin, neither did he charge God foolishly.
given you every opportunity to express your love for Him. You might be looking
forward to experiencing a miracle, hoping that someday your heart’s desire
would be fulfilled. You might even be praying for a speedy one, not wanting to
wait as long as Joseph, Sarah, Elizabeth, Job or Jacob. When you look to God
for a miracle, trust His choice, and know that His timing is perfect. However,
there is a quality you must possess that will produce great results, a quality
that other will admire and be inspired by. That quality is humility.
Dear Heavenly Father, I
humble myself under your mighty hand. I receive your Word with meekness and
childlike faith, and I apply my heart to the wisdom that comes from above.
Thank You for the effect of Your Word in me as I exalt Your Word in my life, in
Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- The Grace to be Humble (youaretheoneiwant.wordpress.com)
- Humility (thebibleman.wordpress.com)
- Humility Like Christ! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Leading the Way (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Humility? Forget about it! (sojournerspace.wordpress.com)
- If the writing on the wall was about me, what would it say? (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)
- What Is Humility? – Charles H. Spurgeon (billydie.wordpress.com)
- What the church of God is (thechurchofgodglorious.wordpress.com)
- Pride and Humility (pastorderick.wordpress.com)