Your perception or revelation of God will determine the way you relate with Him and the kind of life you’ll live. Many have their perception of God tainted by religion, rather than the truth the Scriptures reveal to us about Him. I once visited a certain church and noticed a board on which some kids had attempted to answer the question “Who is God?” The question had been posed by their Sunday school teacher, and one of the kids, in his answer, wrote, “God is a terminator: He can destroy anything and anyone He wants to”
How unfortunate! That young mind already had the wrong opinion of God, from the impression given him by the older generation. Through the years, men have misrepresented God, and this has affected their relationship with Him. In their ignorance, many have attributed unpleasant and tragic incidents to God: They believe God ordained both good and evil. Thus, when for example someone passes on, they’ll say “The Lord gives, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the Name of the Lord!” What a wrong perception of God!
Some even think God took time to select certain people for wealth and some for poverty; some for sickness and others for good health. They believe whatever happens in their lives, good or bad is the will of God. They’ve misunderstood the nature of God, and perceived Him wrongly.
God is good and only does good things: “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of Lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17). Let this be your perception of Him. The Bible lets us know that He is Love. His ultimate display of love was to save you while you were still a sinner (Romans 5:8). It was His deliberate choice to save you and He did it because of His love nature. He chose to give you all of Himself and everything that belonged to Him because He loves you. He loves you. This is the perception of Him that you ought to have.
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your personality unveiled to me through your Word and by the Holy Spirit! I declare that I’m growing in the knowledge of who You are, and thus I’m fruitful and productive in all that I do through Your grace and peace that’s multiplied unto me. In Jesus Christ Name; Amen!
- God Rewards Humility (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Saves…Not Man (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- Believe in Prosperity (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Epiphany: a sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of divine truth… (hopeannfaith.wordpress.com)
- Your Heavenly Father (victorychurch2943.wordpress.com)
- Today’s word for June 23, 2011 (hopeforallmin.wordpress.com)
- Sealed with that holy Spirit of promise (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- Some thoughts on Worship for Sunday school (reachingyouth.wordpress.com)
- Pope: even in sorrow, God’s presence remains, it is a source of comfort, trust (onecatholicnews.wordpress.com)
- Jonathan Edwards: Distinguished Marker of Works (Spiritual and otherwise) (westernthm.wordpress.com)
- Give God Your Best (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There Is No God! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Vengeance is the Lord’s (paukhtrask.wordpress.com)
- First Sunday of Advent (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- Our Good and God’s Glory (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving Scripture and Prayer (apologus.wordpress.com)
- Review: At the Throne of Grace (mollystories.wordpress.com)
- Why does it take a miracle to prove God’s love for his people? (catholicjournaling.wordpress.com)
- “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Being dealt with (scribecorner.wordpress.com)
- Sinless King Who Died For Us (pinkforpeace.wordpress.com)
- Giving Thanks (jasonofgod.wordpress.com)