1 Corinthians 7:21-22
“Were you called while a slave? Do not be concerned about it; but if you can be made free, rather use it. For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord’s freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ‘s slave.”
We often think our circumstances in life are our problem. Whether it is our job, friends or family situations, we often think these are the source of our issues. Life can be uncomfortable at times, but friend, if you are a Christian, God has allowed circumstances in your life because he is forming Himself in you.
God is trying to help you in your circumstances and trials. By allowing you to go through difficult challenges in life, you can grow to be more like Him. Sometimes, trials can be painful. Is there anybody in your life that God is trying to use to remove what does not resemble Him in your life? You are precious to God and He loves you. He wants to grow you through your challenges. As you mature in the Lord, you should ask Him what He wants you to learn through them and allow Him to change you.
Consider a clay pot. The potter forms the clay to create a beautiful masterpiece. Once he forms it, he fires the clay to make it hard and usable for the tasks for which it was created. What if the potter pulled the clay out too soon? It would be half-baked and the clay pot would not be usable. The potter would then have to break the pot, re-wet it, form and fire it again. Life is a lot like this clay pot. Who wants to be a half-baked Christian? When we do not learn a lesson that God is trying to perfect in us, we have to go through it again and again until He forms Himself in us.
Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;” NKJV
Friend, God has called you to serve Him. He is using your circumstances to free you from the bondage of the shame, guilt and sin that separates you from Him. Whatever is going on in your life–trust Him! God is willing to do whatever it takes to reach you. He wants to set you free.
Life Lesson: Our circumstances are usually not the problem; it is our response or attitude to the circumstances that is the problem.
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for the opportunity to go through circumstances that form me to be more like You. Lord, You sentenced and punished Yourself for me so I could be forgiven. I thank You that You were willing to pay such a high price for me. I choose to walk in the incredible plans You have for me instead of the plans I have made. Help me to be faithful in the small things by listening to You. You are my hope, my love and my peace. Help me to hear Your voice and to discover my own call and adventure in life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Love And Serve One Another (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The resurrection of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the dead changes everything (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- An Awakening (edandbethbarnesministries.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give Your Life Away (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Always Prepare Yourself” by Mrs Patricia Mavhandu, Wednesday Service, the 2nd May 2012. (kutamaphc.wordpress.com)
- Seek the Lord while he may be found (uphans7.wordpress.com)
- Salvation (patriciafayreece.com)
- Random Thoughts (mypentecostalreformation.com)
- The Excellence of Knowing Christ Jesus (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)