No Other Gods
People’s opinions, our money, appearance, family, friends or entertainment can become other gods we put before God. The devil seeks to deceive us by trying to make us believe that having other gods is limited to worship of another deity instead of God.
God would not see fit to warn us about putting other gods before Him if there were no other gods to be worried about. Nor would He tell us, as He does in Deuteronomy 10:17, that He is the “God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome….”
Who or what is receiving the glory in your life today? Who or what is most important to you, and who or what do you seek to please above all else? If you cannot answer “God” to all of these, then I challenge you to sort through your priorities.
Place Him at the centre of your life and bring yourself back into alignment with this blessed commandment.
- Jeremiah 25:6
- Deuteronomy 6:14
- Luke 10:27-28
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Remember the Lord Thy God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Empty Hands (5ptsalt.com)
- Will You Let God? God is able! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Your God Will Bless Your Work And Fill Your Barns With Corn. He Will Bless You In The Land That He Is Giving You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Secret Things Belong Unto The Lord Our God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Obedience From Love (realtybyjm.wordpress.com)
- Looking Past Our Illness to See God Working in Our Lives (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Fear the LORD (mpcole.wordpress.com)
- Bible in 365: Day 72 (themoptimist.com)
- 2 Things to Do When You Are Afraid – Deuteronomy 7:17-19 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- I am about to open doors and provide miracles for my children. (hearhisheart.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy Chapter 16 (pofw.wordpress.com)